Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The Gods May Love Me Again

Yesterday we finally had a day though over cast it didn't rain.  We put up a small tarp to cover the smoker just in case the skies decided to open.
Thankfully it stayed dry all day.  We had gotten a pork shoulder roast the last time we went to Costco.  I looked on line for rubs to put on it but I didn't see anything that even sounded remotely tasty so I decided to go with no rub, spices or dipping sauce.  The smoker did the rest.  It took nearly eight hours to bring it to an internal temperature of 195 but was it ever good.  Moist and tasty.
We loaded a bunch of junk around the lot into our little utility trailer towards the end of the day.  It took a hour or more to couple the hitch to the trailer.  I don't know what happened and I can't tell you how I fixed it.  Suffice it to say that the trailer is hooked and we intend to visit the local garbage transfer station this morning.

We also got our fire pit done.  I had purchased the necessary blocks at Lowes on Sunday but it rained continuously so we couldn't get it put together.  With no rain, it was the first thing I did yesterday.

We are thinking a little white rock to fill in the edges and presto...

There you have it.  Today I will be working on a cover for the ugly tongue protruding from the front of the trailer.
Hope all is well and thanks for dropping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment