Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy April Fools Day Update

As I sit here watching the sun fade in between rain squalls, listening to Don McLean belt out American Pie on Pandora I wonder what the heck is going on with this country. With apologies to our Canadian readers, I listened to Meet the Press this morning and I have to agree with the round table discussion. We have all these major issues pending and we can't seem to find a way to get together and find a solution that will work. At the local state level we have the same issue. Our state representatives are in special session trying to come up with a budget proposal. Do you think they can? Hell no. I'd say it is time for another party but unless the other two are gone, nothing will get done. Hell, they can't get anything done when one party is in the majority. I just hope and pray (yes pray) that the politicians don't screw this country up so bad there is not place for my family to live.

Okay, enough of that. I am still working as hard as every and really enjoying it. I got to spend a lot of time on the counter helping customers this week and I really had a good time. Then I had to go do all the paperwork. I am scheduled off tomorrow but since Saturday was the technical end of the month I will be going in early in the morning to finish up and then I'll be out of there around 9:00 am. I plan to come home and do some work around the condo. It won't belong before we are spending weekends at the trailer and we need to make sure the home tasks are done.

I did accomplish our change over and we now have Verizon 4G smart phones and high speed cable internet. We decided on the Samsung Stratosphere phone. I have had Samsung phones and have been very happy with them. So far this one is meeting my expectations, even though I am not quite sure what they (my expectations) should have been. This is a picture of the phone with Honey as the wallpaper picture.



The cable set up required a replacement router and modem. I have a spaghetti mess next to the desk upstairs and I can't use the little TV I have on the stand next to the desk.



I have read with great interest the blogs of the past week. Seems we have had service issues, vehicle problems, issues with Mr. Murphy, 80 - 90 degrees in one part of the country while another is freezing in the wind and rain. The great snowbird migration has officially began and Easter Sunday is just around the corner. I am looking for new beginnings like better weather, time to camp, time to travel and time to enjoy family and friends.

Hope everything is well....Take care out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment