Sunday, April 29, 2012

Talk About A Short Weekend

Mia picked me up at 4:00 o'clock Saturday afternoon and we headed up to Gold Bar with hopes of getting a few things done.  The list included washing the trailer and the weather forecast was looking good.  Since I don't have Monday off I had to get everything done in the short time we had.  Well mother nature saved me again.  It rained most of Saturday night and it was misty, damp, soggy, cloudy and just ugly on Sunday.  While it was okay weather to walk throughout the campground, working wasn't at the top of the list.

As we walked through the park we were looking at and taking pictures of gazebos that other folks have built.  I think I like the square design from a builders standpoint (not so many combine miter cuts) and I like the standard four-sided hip roof with a weather vane or something on the top at the peak.  I'll have to work up a design, materials list and I suspect I can talk my grandson into helping me build it.

We also discussed the possibility of living the RV life permanently in the park.  Several people do it but they are limited to 270 days in a calendar year.  That would be perfect for us cause we plan to travel.  One of the issues that comes up is when we can't or don't want to continue the traveling, what do we do for the remaining days.  I doubt we could afford to move back to a house or condo.  We are talking, just talking.

Took some pictures of our site all set up and being lived in.  Looks pretty good to me.
Really Short Driveway

Honey wonders what Dad is doing

We love this place

 As we are walking through the park we saw this. It is what is left of a trailer that the owner tried to move after it had been sitting for decades.
Whoops
I told you I was having issues with my shoulder and the doctor suspects a compressed vertabea may be the culprit.  I can tell you that the pain is getting worse and at times is unbearable.  Usually at night or whenever I am laying down.  I have got to get to the doctor and get resolve to this.

I hope everyone is enjoying themselves....I know we are.

3 comments:

  1. glad you had a nice rainy weekend!..hope your shoulder gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That broken down trailer looks awful. He must have been so disappointed.

    Hope you can get your shoulder pain resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least that trailer collapsed in the park and not on the road while being towed!

    Good luck with your shoulder!

    ReplyDelete