Friday, April 6, 2012

Flying Cars?

I don't know about you but I live in a state where the thought of people with flying cars is really scary.  The majority can't figure out how to drive with four wheels on the ground.
Today Woburn, Mass. - based Terrafugia Inc. informed the world that their prototype flying car made it off the ground and landed again.  The Transition has two wings, four wheels and two seats and the wings fold up alongside the body so you can legally drive on the street.  Last month it flew at 1400 feet and stayed in the air for 8 minutes.
At least 100 folks world wide have plunked down the $10,000 deposit to get their hands on one of these.
Don't get to excited.  It is no help in rush hour traffic, it still needs a runway.

I'd show you a picture but I can't seem to get the MAC to save on and post it to my blog.

So I am reminded of a song about driving (actually heard it today on the way home).  It is by the Playmates and if you can remember them and the song, well lets just say you are of a certain age.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1c4QZGQw5o

Get me out of second gear......

2 comments:

  1. I hear you, living in Chicago I get to see some of the worst driving in the country! I can't imagine what would happen if they had wings!!

    The horror!

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to me while we were in southern California this winter, a lot of folks were driving along the freeway at speeds that looked like they were indeed trying to 'take off'!!

    ReplyDelete