Saturday, February 7, 2015

Another Good Day To Be Alive

It is early morning as I sit here with my laptop literally in my lap.  It is dark and rain is pelting against the roof of the trailer.  It has been a very rainy few days.  In fact, there are some very large puddles throughout the park and the area surrounding it.  Not only puddles, there is moving water on roads with an incline that would be called creeks if they ran year round.  There is a drainage ditch next to our lot that is about half full of water.  It rained all day and night Thursday and into the morning on Friday.  It let up some for the night and then around 3 am this morning started again.  I have been up to the restroom facility to shower and it appears that it never stopped raining.  Once again the roads are puddled or creeks are running.  I am pretty sure we will be heading home today.

When I took the cover off the trailer on Thursday it was pouring down rain so I just got it off and let it lay alongside the trailer.  Unfortunately the rain stopped yesterday but we took a trip to Mt Vernon to visit with my stepmom and brother so I didn't do anything with it.  As I sit here typing I am trying to figure out how I will get the damned thing into the back of the truck without getting all soaking wet since it is flooded with rain water.

We managed to get the bed put together and found we had to much air pressure in it the first night.  It was so hard and wasn't real comfortable.  We dropped the air pressure last night and I have to say it was pretty good.  One good thing that has come from this change over is the bed is higher.  This mattress is much thicker than the old one.  Another thing I have notice (Mia says I am nuts) is there seems to be more room on it.  First off, my feet down end up off the edge, so I believe it is slightly longer than the mattress provided with the unit.  Secondly, it seems to be wider when in actuality it isn't.  I think because it is thicker and has more support than the old 4" thick mattress that there is more room because when I slide over to the side it doesn't crush down under my weight forcing me back towards the center to keep stable.  I can sleep at the far edge of the side of the mattress with just as much support and comfort as I can in the center of the bed.  I like more room or even the feeling of more room.

We are planning to pack up and go home today.  There isn't a whole lot to do up here when you can't go out and enjoy nature.  Hope everyone is well and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment