Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Do Nothing Day

I left the house early this morning and went into the dealership that I used to work at to visit my ex-boss while on the way to one of his other dealerships to get my truck serviced.  I got there really early just after five in the morning and rolled up into the wash bay and washed the truck.  It was around fifty degrees but not raining so it wasn't that bad washing and drying it.  It looked really good sitting out in front of the dealership.  After I finished I went in and visited with some of the other folks who arrive at the dealership early.  Today was my third week anniversary and nothing looked broken.  The fellow who took my place has some issues but he is dealing with them and I suspect he will be just fine.

I had an opportunity to sit down with the owner and we talked at length for a half hour or so about a lot of personal stuff and a little business.  I can't say that I haven't missed him because I really have.  He and I are of the same generation and sometimes we commiserate with each other over the differences in the generations.  As long as he owns the place I will always have a home.  And if they need help and I don't have travel plans, I am more than willing to go in and work.  I just don't want the long hours and stress that goes with management.

I left at around seven and headed out to North Bend Chevrolet.  The guys out there were great.  I arrived just before they opened and left a half an hour later complete serviced and on the road.  It rained all the way out there and most of the way home.  Figures, wash the truck and instant rain.  I got home and the truck looked pretty good considering all the weather in went through.

Mia and I went shopping for a frame for a picture I purchased in Leavenworth and I think we found the perfect one.
Beyond that, nothing...absolutely nothing....isn't retirement good?

Hope everyone is well and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment: