Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Too Many Gizmos, A New Toy and the Economy and Retirement


We have had this little jewel since a week ago this last Sunday.  I have read the majority of the owners manuals and have concluded that there way more stuff in this car than I will ever use or likely find out about.  They talk about driver distraction from cell phone use but there are so many options of things to listen to and set ups for driving that one can find themselves totally distracted playing with all the options.  I love the fact that I can go to the gas station and fill it up for under $25.00 and the first tank of gas got nearly 26 MPH.  Had we been on the highway I suspect it would have been much better.

Now that we have this new rig I have fast discovered that it cannot haul anything more than six feet long without coming into the front passenger area.  Since most wood that I work with comes in eight foot lengths, I need to come up with a solution.  I decided on a small utility trailer from Habor Freight  and I am in the process of building it.





The process is rather involve but it seems to be going together quite well.  Since Mia has the car today I am kind of hung up.  The wheel bearings come with what appears to be a packing grease.  The consistency of vaseline.  So they need to be repacked.  Unfortunately the manufacturer chose to install the rear wheel bearing and seal.  Generally you can't remove the seal and repack the bearings without installing a new seal.  So I am kind of stuck at the moment until I can see if it is possible to get new seals.  If not, I'll resort to hand packing the bearing in the hub.  Not a lot of fun but it can be done.

As everyone knows the U.S. stock market is plunging like an orca that just breached.  The global crisis led by our friends in China coupled with the falling oil prices (and lower oil company profits) combined with a poor consumer confidence index and we appear to have a receipt for a global meltdown.  It hurts to watch those stock prices fall when a pretty good percentage of you retirement investment is in the stock markets.  I may have to go back to work before long.

Then there is the election...OMG, don't get me started.

Hope all is well and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment