Thursday, July 30, 2015

Fishing???

Since my last post I have been trying to find a place, lake or river, close by to go and spend some time fishing.  Note, I didn’t say catching.  For the most part the Washington State Department of Fisheries has closed the rivers around the Gold Bar area in an attempt to save as many of the incoming salmon as possible.  Low water levels combined with super high temperatures have created mass numbers of fish being killed off.  Hatcheries have reported huge numbers of fingerlings lost to the high water temperatures and slow moving current. 

Big Eddy on the Skykomish

Fishing for trout has now become nearly impossible in this area due to the restrictions placed on most of the lakes and rivers.  There are some large lakes nearby but they are drinking water supply for larger cities to the west of us and all have special requirements with regard to the types of baits that can be used. 

Today I plan to drive up to the Ranger Station in Skykomish to see if the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest has any easily accessible lakes for fishing.  I see several on the map but none of them fall under the State Fisheries rules and regulations.  At least they aren’t listed in the pamphlet.

Other than that, nothing much has been going on.  I have decided to run for the Board of Directors here in our park.   I haven’t gotten a whole lot done since my last blog.  I started to build some shelves for the bathroom closet but found that using the wire closet shelf isn’t going to work so when I go home next week I will build shelving that I can install when I get back using wood products in the garage.  With temperatures expected to exceed ninety degrees for the next few days, I suspect I will get very little done.


Hope all is well and thanks for dropping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment