Friday, July 31, 2015

Fishing and Self Containment

The temperature has screamed past the 90 degree mark here at the park in Gold Bar.  Thank the heavens for self containment and air conditioning.  About this time of the afternoon the pool starts to call me.  At six o'clock when the kids have gone home the adults descend on the pool for a relaxing period of contemplation and discussion about every possible subject you can come up with.

Yesterday I drove up to the ranger station and had a very nice visit with a young ranger in the National forest.  He is an avid fisherman and was a encyclopedia of information about the lakes around the Skykomish area.  He also told me that the Skykomish River that I thought was closed is only close below Gold Bar and the North and South Forks are open along Highway 2.  The only caveat is what the state of Washington Fisheries calls Hoot-Owl restrictions.  Basically you aren't allowed to fish the rivers from 12 at night until 2 pm.  No morning fishing.  So now I have the information that I need to make my stay up here a little more interesting.  The only issue is with this heat who wants to leave the trailer to go fishing.  Might miss the pool time.  The temperatures go down next week but we are heading home until next Sunday so I miss another opportunity.  

Hope all is well and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment