Thursday, March 8, 2012

Whew, That's Over

All the final results of all the tests I took have returned and overall it looks like I am in fairly good health. My blood pressure is 112/62 which is down from early in 2010. Of course I take medication for this. When I first started going to Group Health I weighed 234lbs with a body mass index of 28.48. This last trip I was 221lbs 12.8 oz and the body mass index was down to 27.01 and that leaves me with a little more work to do. The index for my height is 19 - 24 so I need to get myself down around 200 - 205 lbs. Overall the blood work was very positive and the aortic scan showed no evidence of any issues that would cause me to suddenly bleed out.

There is one tiny little issue and one continuing issue that needs to be addressed. I have made another appointment to visit the urologist. Seems my PSA is elevated. One point above the normal high. The concern here is infection or prostrate cancer. As I understand it, there are many things that can elevate the PSA and several of them are not harmful. I went through this once before ten years ago. The PSA was really elevated and my doctor thought he felt something abnormal on the prostrate so he sent me to a urologist. After a lot of probing and a biopsy it was discovered that my prostrate was fine and something else must be causing the issue. A couple of months later another PSA test was normal. All have been within the normal ranges until this last one. Not too concerned about it.

Then there is the left shoulder pain. Got to get a final answer about this one. I have had a couple of friends endure some pretty dramatic surgery to correct issues with neck vertebra that have lost fluid and collapsed around the nerve that serves the shoulder. I hope that isn't the case with me.

So, there you have it. Looks like I'll live on to annoy everyone I know.

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear that you will live on to annoy all of us!.. :) have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete