Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Painful Reflections

Yesterday was a painful day.  The knee isn't happy that I fell down and twisted it.  It is getting even with considerable pain for which I only have Tylenol.  I have a follow up appointment tomorrow morning with my local, family doctor and perhaps I will come away with a better idea of the damage done and the length of time that will be required for my knee to stop punishing me.  So far I am using all the ice in the refrigerator.
Definitely immobilizes the knee

We are home for the next week.  I have no plans today other than sitting on the couch and letting the knee rest.  Honey has an appointment at the vet that will take all day so she won't be here to comfort me.  Mia has a bunch of errands to run plus she is going to Seattle to visit our daughter in law and give her a hand with the kiddies.  Our son is in Beijing, China until Saturday so we try to help our working mom when he is gone.

It looks like I won't be getting to any of the things I wanted to do on this trip home.  I have been awful accident prone this past year what with the torn hamstring and now this damage to the opposite knee.  Makes you wonder if you should still try to go do things or just lock yourself up in a padded room and not move.

Hope all is well and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment