Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest where Saturday the temperature hit 73 degrees on a clear and sunny day, ending up today where the temperature will be  lucky to hit 55 degrees and it is currently overcast with predictions of rain showers before the day ends.  It kind of strikes me as incredible the way the weather can fluctuate from day to day.  I stand in awe of the force of nature.

As the Memorial Day weekend proceeds we are looking forward to a drive to Gold Bar this afternoon to celebrate a close family friends 70th birthday.  Our daughter and her clan are already at our trailer and my son and his family will join us later this afternoon for the big surprise party.  We decided not to spend the weekend at the trailer because, as I have said before, we don't care for the huge crowds that seem to gather on the three day weekends.  I suspect this one will be much worse with the current cost of fuel and folks wanting to stay closer to home.

I just checked the last two paragraphs at http://www.writingtester.com/ and it would appear that my writing skills can be understood by the average 8th grader.  I guess that might be a good thing when it comes to reading a blog.  Making it hard to understand by using higher levels of writing skills might make it hard to read for some.  What bothers me is that I did graduate from high school and I should be able to write at a 10th grade level.  So what happened to my ability to write a more formal prose?  I got old and I don't really care.

I will leave you to contemplate my previous remarks and say that I genuinely appreciate the service and ultimate sacrifice that individuals have taken throughout the history of this nation that allows us the freedoms that we enjoy today.  Thank you to the families as well.  Their sacrifice will never be understood by those of us who have not sacrificed.


1 comment:

  1. I don't dare see what level my writing skill is at!..enjoy the rest of the weekend..hope the sunshine sticks around for a while longer!

    ReplyDelete