Friday, January 13, 2012

Whatever

I woke up at 2:30 am and as it is typical for me, I wasn't able to go back to sleep. Now, as I type this log, my eyes are heavy. It is 7 am.
I am taking a three day weekend and after yesterday I don't have too much planned. I went to work early yesterday and was working in the receiving department when I tripped over a box and down I went. There was no point in trying to stop the fall. Regaining balance was out of the question. So, as I went down I turned and landed right on my wallet. My wallet is big, thick and solid and combined with the impact sent a enormus pain up my back. At first, I thought perhaps I had broken my hip. But the pain subsided and I was able to get up and walk without a whole lot of pain. It hurt but not so bad I couldn't work so I finished the day and came home to three days off and a nice hot bath.

Every time I rolled over last night, my hip reminded me of what an idiot I am and finally would not let me go back to sleep early this morning. My left "cheek" hurts pretty good and the small of my back and the muscle going down the back of my leg don't exactly feel normal. I don't understand why I am suddenly loosing my balance from minor trips and such. This is the second time that I have gone down in the receiving department. Come to think of it, I was filling in for the same guy last time I fell and hurt myself.

Mia has to work today so I will likely spend the day on the mend. I might go to the gym later but I wouldn't make any plans to meet me there because it is a "might". We have a dinner with my brother-in-law tonight and some plans with the grand kids tomorrow. Sunday I'll be resting peacefully at home as Mia goes out with her girlfriends for a cooking light party.

I am looking forward to this time off.

Hope your having fun and looking forward.


5 comments:

  1. I have had the same prob -- feel like a total klutz! I have never fallen inside, only outside when the "earth moves under my feet"...lol! I found that wearing reading glasses distorts the ground and removing those has helped but hasn't totally stopped the falls. Thankfully I have not broken anything. Enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your fall and the pain that it is causing you. I hope your body cooperates and mends itself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a few falls myself, it just seems to happen easier and much faster as I get older. Glad to hear you didn't break anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez, does that mean we are getting older? Surely not! Take it easy and mend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure don't understand why we fall more the older we get but it sure seems to happen. It's not fun.

    ReplyDelete