Sunday, January 8, 2012

Rambling On

It has been sometime since I posted anything. I have been very busy with work and trying to get over this awful virus that has attacked Mia and I. I think we are finally on the mend.

I finally figured out to get library books to my Kindle for PC but couldn't figure out how to get them from the PC to the actually version one Kindle. Since version one doesn't use a true internet connection you can't sent the books directly to the Kindle. I just discovered the USB cord that is build into the charger. So cool, because you can download the books from the computer to the Kindle through this cord.

I am so tired of watching the debates. These guys couldn't lead their way out of a brown paper bag. As I approach retirement, I fear that I will loose my social security because the politicians are starting to call it an entitlement. Entitlements are something you can nullify with very little thought. I have the right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. In my pursuit of happiness I have worked many years in my adult life putting money into something now called entitlement. The amount of money that I have input is huge. And now the folks in our government want to dispose of the program and keep my money? I don't think so. I want my money back. I don't need any interest, just give my money back. But no, they can't do that. They expect the next generation to pay for my benefits same as I did for earlier generations. And there is the problem. Generations vary in size. And now, with many very good paying jobs already in other countries we don't have the population base to pay for all the old folks who will hit the social security payroll in the next few years. It is a very scary time to be old and I don't like any of these guys.

On a brighter note. I went down to the local truck accessory shop yesterday to investigate a topper for my Silverado. I am looking at covering the bed of my truck so I can carry stuff around and have it covered and relatively safe from the outside elements. I look forward to this new addition.

2 comments:

  1. nice to addition to your truck!..and a very smart idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you haven't bought yet look at a fold a cover, just in case a fiver is in your future, It folds back to allow you to hitch up, I have had one for about 5 years and love it.Just google fold a cover. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete