Saturday, November 12, 2011

Mac, Gold Bar, Mt Vernon

So I finally figured out what I used as a password for my Qwest gateway and was able to get the Mac to attach itself to the internet. I have to say that there are some very big differences between the Mac laptop and the HP laptop. There is definitely going to be a learning curve for this old guy, but I suspect I will get the hang of it. I need to get me a copy of Windows Office for Mac. My son tells me it is something I will be happy that I have. Except for the keyboard I can't find anything wrong with this new machine. The keyboard is a little weird with no ten key and it seems to be smaller. What is really neat? I can sit in the dark with the fireplace the only light in the room and because the keyboard is back lit, I can see what I am doing in the dark. This might be a first!

Next thing I need to learn is how to save pictures from the internet so I can load them here. Copy and paste doesn't work the same.

Tomorrow we leave early for a long road trip. It is my only day off so we plan to go to Gold Bar and check the trailer, removing water from our bucket. Then off to Mt Vernon to visit my step mom whom we have not seen for some time.

I am hoping my lovely wife will share the majority of the driving duties tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well and happy and enjoying the warmth if you are down south. Up here...cold, dreary, rainy, and possibly snow...Wow, already a weird year.

1 comment:

  1. good luck with the learning curve on the Mac!..we are PC people!..maybe one day we will get a Mac?

    ReplyDelete