Saturday, June 25, 2011

Feeling Better And You'd Think I Was Deep In The Woods

After my post regarding the weather yesterday, my son sent me an email telling me that he wholeheartedly agreed with my analysis of the situation however he sent me a rather interesting link.

http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2011/06/olympic-snowpack-is-39100-percent-of.html

After reading this blog I am starting to feeling a little better. While I don't really like the lack of sunlight on my shoulders, I guess it is a good thing that we aren't having a long warm spell or we could end up flooding a lot of people across the country.

Gold Bar Nature Trails (not a nudist camp) is a few miles away from where I live. Most trips we enter Highway 18 in Federal Way and cross to I90 to the north. We can take a long leisurely ride through the countryside passing by Snoqualime Falls and the towns of Fall City, Carnation, and Duvall. We arrive in Monroe and head east on Highway 2 which is a mountain byway. From Monroe you pass through Sultan, Startup and Gold Bar to get to the park. These are the foothills of Highway 2 as it starts to climb up to the summit and over into eastern Washington

While we are not that far from civilization, at times it feels like we are off deep in the woods. And yet the modern conveniences are only a few minutes away.








This creek, May Creek, runs through the park. These pictures were taken from a bridge built by the park so that we could access the other side of the creek where there are roughly 30 campsites. Normally this creek is a dry bed during the summer months and frankly, I can't recall the last time I saw this much water running through it. Even in the winter. It was wet and raining the day I was out and about taking these photos. In fact, there were puddles big enough to bath in on most roads within the compound.







An while it looks like I might be walking deep in the woods this is actually the tree cover over the road near the creek.....Can't believe everything you see in pictures..



Drive save out there....

2 comments:

  1. Interesting link on the snow cap. You're right, we better hope it doesn't all melt at once or we could even be in trouble over here on Vancouver Island!!

    Nice pics of the creek and trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that feeling of being in the forest and in nature with the conveniences of civilization nearby. Its the best of both worlds sometimes.

    ReplyDelete