Tuesday, January 10, 2017

I Know, it's Crazy

More root beer has come my way.

Located in Branson, Missouri, Ozark Mountain Bottleworks was founded in 2009.  While they have several different flavors their Root Beer is pretty damned good.  Using 100% pure cane sugar, combined with a full sassafras flavor and a touch of vanilla. 

Next on the list:

Tommyknockers Root Beer...sorry won't be doing this one again.
Didn't care for the Olde Rhode Island Molasses Root Beer.  This left me with an unpleasant aftertaste.
I wasn't impressed.
 Hank's is the one I am drinking as I type out the blog.  Hank's Beverage Company is a family owned operation from Philadelphia.  Made from pure cane sugar combined with supposedly gourmet ingredients.  I didn't see them on the list of contents but there is a great flavor and it tastes really good.  Is Philadelphia the birthplace of Root Beer as stated on the website?

Yep, the first commercial brand of Root Beer made its appearance at the 1876 Philadelphia Centennial Exposition.  Developed from sassafras in 1875 but Pharmacist Charles Elmer Hires.  We all recognize that name.  Being a teetotaler, Hires originally called it Root Tea but while marketing to coal miners he changed it to Root Beer.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment