Friday, September 11, 2015

September 11

I am not likely to forget the morning of September 11, 2001, the day that brought a new kind of war to the shores of our country.  I was at work early, in north Seattle.  At the time, I was working for Auto Nation and running the parts departments of two of their Nissan stores.  I was hungry so I left and went down the street to the Albertson’s store to buy a couple of donuts.  On my way back to the Nissan store I heard the news on my car radio.

I went into our waiting room and turned on the television and found myself fixed as the news unfolded about planes crashing into buildings high above the New York skyline.  I sat hypnotized as I watched the twin towers burn and then collapse.  News of another plane taken down by the passengers had saved a majority of the Pentagon, though portions of it were still damaged.

Someone had declared war on the United States of America and we had no idea who.  We later learned of terrorist and their cells creating havoc that early September morning.  We have lived in threat of another terrorist attack at anytime. 

I for one, will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment