Monday, November 12, 2012

It Would Appear I Was Mistaken

I have a hard time admitting an error.  I am something like The Fonz on Happy Days.  Just can't seem to say it without a bunch of stuttering.

Yesterday I mentioned a letter to the editor of the Seattle Times back when I was a kid.   I mistakenly thought (age has something to do with memory loss) I wrote it before I joined the Navy, when in fact, I wrote it six months after I was officially discharged from military service.  It was an essay for my Asia studies course in my senior year of high school.  I sent the entire essay to the Seattle Times and the editor condensed it and published the following:



Of course at my age I can't be expected to remember every detail, much less what I wrote.  It costs me $3.95 to find out what I wrote.  Seems the Times archives aren't free.  There was a response to my thoughts by another citizen in Seattle but I didn't feel like spending another $3.95 to find out what they had to say about my essay.

Hope everyone is well.

1 comment: