Sunday, November 18, 2012

Is It Depression

The last week and a half has been full of turmoil.  As we move from downstairs back up to the newly remodeled upstairs.  We have lost some of the storage footprint and it is going to be very tight fit going back.  We have moved the bins and the parts and we are mostly set up to begin business starting tomorrow (Monday) morning.  It has been a lot of work for a person as old as I.  I have been getting to work between 2 am and leaving anywhere from 5 to 6 pm.

As I have said before, I am not afraid of work.  I was given a strong work ethic by my parents and grandparents and when there is work to do I will work until it is done.  However, after six days of sun up to sun down I went into work early this morning (Sunday) in an attempt to make things a little more palatable for my employees.  Getting rid of some of the hazards created during the move, relocating some items, checking in the stock order and putting it away, getting some of the gaylords ready for shipment back to the warehouse, stocking the bathrooms and kitchen and doing some of my paperwork.  I got a lot done, but around 10 am after looking at the disaster that was facing me, I literally  threw up my hands and walked away.  I consider tears, but I came home, climbed in the tub for a bath followed by a nap.

I am not physically tired even though I couldn't sleep last night because I was thinking about all the stuff that needed to be done.  No, I was emotionally tired, drained.  Ready to cash in.

Only a third of the work surrounding the move done, but my clerk has given notice, our shipping and receiving clerk is recovering from surgery and a counterperson has given notice.

Is it depression?

1 comment:

  1. maybe not depression but frustration seems to come to mind..hope tomorrow is a good at work for you!

    ReplyDelete