Sunday, October 28, 2012

Road Trip

It was Saturday and to say it was wet would be an understatement.  It was pouring buckets of water when I left the house with Honey for our morning walk.  She was not a happy camper to say the least.  She hates the rain but we managed to make it around the large block, around the outside perimeter of our complex.

When we got home we packed up for what was to be a long road trip.  We left our place at around 9 am, went to the bank and dropped by the Saturday market of get a Friends of the Dogpark calendar, then it on the road to our daughter house and a quick visit with our old neighbors.  We had some donations to give our neighbor for a young man who is down on his luck and has nothing but 5 kids and a wife that has decided to leave him.  Not a good situation.

Our grand daughter is selling Christmas items to raise money for Cheer, so we donated some of our money to her quest and then it was back on the road.

With Mia at the wheel and Honey in my lap it was all I could do to stay awake as we took the long way to Gold Bar to check on the trailer.  We found everything as we had left it and went to lunch at the Mexican restaurant in town.  As soon as we finished lunch we were back on the road for the long drive to Mount Vernon to visit my step mom.  We had a nice visit for the majority of the afternoon but towards 4:30 pm things began to look rather dismal outside.

As we left Mt. Vernon the rains started and it was once again pouring.  All along U.S. I-5 we encountered slow downs mainly related to weather and mass amounts of traffic.  I had forgotten that the Huskies were playing Oregon State in downtown Seattle so we ran into some of that traffic as we headed home.  Somewhere outside of Everett we saw something fly through the air in front of us that looked like a rolled up sock.  It hit the truck for sure and made a thumping sound like something that was soft.  It definitely wasn't the normal rock noise.

When we finally got home, two hours after leaving Mount Vernon, I investigated and found a rather nasty dent in the front corner of the hood.  I am going to see if any of the dent guys can do anything with it.  Made me sick.

I wanted to show you pictures but I again, cannot get my pictures on my phone to download to Picasa.

Today we plan to visit our son for the afternoon and maybe go out to dinner somewhere.

Finally, I read with great interest, R Sanity RV Adventures and their political discussion.  Electing someone is already dead as President.  One thing for sure.  He/she couldn't screw anything up or be accused of screwing stuff up.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment